Tuesday 20 September 2011

Morning Parade - Rescue Rooms, Nottingham

I first stumbled upon Morning Parade when they were supporting Feeder at Rock City last February. I recognised one of their songs from an episode of Gossip Girl and started paying proper attention. I then discovered I really, really liked their stuff.

Since then I've been listening over and over to the four tracks listed on Spotify and lately have been trying to catch their daily stream of their album tracks on their website.

Tickets for tonight's gig at Rescue Rooms, Nottingham were crazy-cheap so when I saw them on sale I snapped up two hoping to make a friend go along with me. After a number of unsuccessful pleas to friends to keep me company thanks go to Sparkles* for manning-up through flu and being my gig buddy.

The band were visibly nervous when playing their new stuff and I think the first few dates of the tour will be a bit of a practice for the international dates. It was obvious when playing the older and more tried-and-tested tracks that everyone on stage was comfortable and seemed to have a lot of fun.

Anyway the band had no reason to be nervous, the new material came across really well, the frontman, whom Wikipedia tells me is called Steve Sparrow (charming alliteration), interacted nicely with the audience and the older tracks such as Under The Stars got people, including me, singing along and dancing.

Overall I had a jolly good time and wish I had more cash to see these guys again at another venue near the end of the tour. It would be cool to see how the confidence with the new tracks develops. Roll on new album release!

P.S. Don't buy the new wristbands from McDonalds, it's not really worth it, you save like 50p on a lame Mayo Chicken and you have to buy the thing for £1 in the first place. Credits for this advice go to the staff at McDonalds Angel Row who will not be winning gold stars for salesmanship any day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment